Welcome to Israel Center of Conservative Judaism – A Conservative, Egalitarian Congregation
Israel Center of Conservative Judaism (ICCJ) is an egalitarian synagogue, offering a full range of outstanding religious, educational, cultural, social, and recreational activities to the Jewish community of Northeastern Queens.
Learn More About Us
A Message to the Congregation From Our Synagogue Co-Presidents
We are tentatively planning to reopen the synagogue on a limited basis for Shabbat Services, starting Labor Day weekend, two weeks before the beginning of the High Holidays. Needless to say, however, we will
continue to be guided by the most current medical advice as well as by state and city regulations. For those not wishing to attend services in person, we are currently installing a streaming system that will
enable congregants to view Shabbat and High Holiday Services via the ICCJ website free of charge.
With that said, we want to inform you of the steps we are taking to ensure the synagogue building is as safe as possible on reopening:
1. We have reached agreement with the Birch School to share the cost of disinfecting the building from top to bottom. We will also do a deep-cleaning of all the carpeting in the sanctuary and elsewhere.
2. We are in the process of replacing all restroom manual fixtures — toilets, sinks, soap dispensers – with all-electronic models to limit contact touching.
3. We have ordered powerful new air filters for our air-conditioning system to facilitate better air flow.
4. We now have plentiful supplies of masks, gloves, sanitizers and wipes stored for use. We have also ordered signs for reminding congregants and visitors to always wear masks and maintain proper social distancing.
5. We have formulated plans for limiting building access, including the closure of the cloakroom and smorg room, to prevent close personal contact.
Further action may be taken as well.
If you have any suggestions or concerns, please feel free to contact either one of us via e-mail. Our e-mail addresses are: